March 10, 2021
Grow Detroit’s Young Talent (GDYT) is a city-wide summer job and training program that employs young adults between the ages of 14 and 24 for 120 hours. Youth participants are permanent residents of Detroit and have completed an application and registration process to become eligible along with work readiness training.
How the Progam Works:
Ways to get involved:
1. Become an Employer Partner by providing an employment opportunity at your designated worksite and sponsor a 6-week paid work experience for $1,800 per youth ages 14-24
2. Be recognized as an Affiliate Partner if you directly hire GDYT-eligible youth (14-24-year-olds that live in Detroit) in the summer
3. Participate in virtual job shadow events/career panels to get youth excited about your field
4. Share employment opportunities with our youth database of 15,000-16,000 applicants
5. Serve as a Mentor to a GDYT participant
6. Volunteer to support key program components (i.e. career fairs, youth orientations, etc.)
Interested in growing Detroit’s young talent pool? Become a GDYT Partner and help meet the goal of matching 8,000 Detroit youth with meaningful employment and industry-led training opportunities. To learn more about the program visit their website.