- This event has passed.
Weekly Thursday’s Outdoor Soccer Meetup – 2019!
May 16 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
For new members, there is a small one time fee of $20/person. Please bring this in cash, to the first game you attend. (If you paid this fees in previous years don’t need to pay again, you can use your old pinnies).
It covers you for – 1 double sided scrimmage vest; and your contribution towards the annual cost of this meetup group.
Level of game and rules:
– Players: The skill level include – some who have not played in a while, to ones playing in rec. leagues. From teens to over 40.
– Level: We enjoy a fun game & good outdoor workout. No rough or sliding tackles or aggressive/physical plays, we all need to go to work/school next week :).
– RSVP: Please respond least 24 hrs. before the game start time. At that time we will use the # of responses to decide the wait list & # of games.
– Team & size: We target 7:7 games, with 2 games in parallel ‘A’ Advanced-Intermediate level; and ‘B’ Intermediate-Beginner level.
– Cancellations: If needed (due to weather, or field issues), will be announced through meetup first. So check here & comments for the event for latest status. Please get the meetup app.
– No shows: If this happens 2 times, you will not be able register for the rest of the year.
– We play on unreserved city fields (that keeps our cost low), so we have the risk of having to move mid-game if a field is reserved. This has not been a significant issue in previous years.
– Warm up – To avoid injuries, please warmup. Here are is a good link – FIFA Recommended Warm Up Routine (http://f-marc.com/11plus/exercises/)
Legal Disclaimer and Liability Information:
• This community is a private group. Attending events is voluntary by you as a member. Participation in any activity with this group is at your own risk.
• By joining this community as a member or by participating in any meetup activities you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the organizers, co-organizers, assistant organizers, event hosts, and other members from all claims or liability of every type (including court costs and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property, loss of personal property or any other wrongful act arising out of or relating to your participation as a member.
• This agreement applies to you and to other persons (as your guests) who may accompany you in these endeavors.
• You also agree to hold the organizers as well as other group members harmless.
• By participating voluntarily in the group, you expressly waive any and all such claims against each and every other member in the group, including without limitation any and all claims against the group organizer, co-organizers, assistant organizers, and event hosts.
• Some injuries might arise from playing/participating in the events of this meetup. By participating voluntarily in the group you understand that you are responsible for your own safety and you shall cover your own medical expenses in the event injuries occur.