- This event has passed.
Challenge Detroit Fellowship Application Deadline
April 12 at 8:00 am - 11:30 pm
Challenge Detroit is a year-long, multidisciplinary fellowship program that cultivates diverse, innovative, emerging and existing, community-minded leaders from the City of Detroit and across the country, fostering their talents to support local initiatives that move Detroit forward.
Challenge Detroit is seeking candidates who:
- ARE LOOKING FOR A JOB and will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution by the time the program begins in September 2021 (Standard Applicant).
- ALREADY HAVE A JOB, have at least a Bachelor’s degree and approval to participate from their employer in the Metro Detroit area (Internal Applicant).
- ALREADY HAVE A JOB IN THE COMMUNITY SPACE and will have a high school diploma/GED and relevant work experience by September 2021 and approval to participate from their employer in the Metro Detroit area (Community Leader Fellow Applicant).
- are from the City of Detroit, surrounding areas, the state of Michigan and beyond.
- represent a diverse range of race, ethnicity, gender identity, orientation, thought, experience, perspective and ability.
- are passionate, dedicated, proactive, hard-working, innovative, adaptable and have a growth mindset.
- speak, read and write in English fluently—all programs are conducted in English (candidates with proficiency in more than one language are welcome!).
- are U.S. citizens or are authorized to work in the United States for the duration of the program (Sept 2021 to Aug 2022).*
*Challenge Detroit is unable to assist with employment authorization or visa sponsorship.
As a Fellow, you will:
- have the opportunity to live,* work, play, give and lead in and around the city;
- gain valuable leadership, project management and team-building skills through a multi-faceted leadership development program;
- learn and leverage the art of design thinking;
- collaborate with multiple Detroit-based nonprofits to support them in moving their missions forward through various strategic, community-focused projects;
- connect with and form meaningful relationships with the broader Challenge Detroit community as well as your cohort;
- gain access to cultural and professional events;
- receive a $38,000** annual salary plus benefits typical of your host company; and
- join a network of over 270 Fellows and alumni!
*Challenge Detroit does not provide financial assistance with relocation or provide a housing stipend.
**If you already have a job, your employer will determine your salary.
For complete application and program details, visit www.challengedetroit.org