Let’s Detroit is seeking college students to serve as remote Campus Ambassadors during the 2020-2021 academic year. Ten students will be hired for each semester. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about building their career in the Detroit region, active in student organizations, an active user on multiple social media platforms, and within two years of graduation.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to serve as a trusted resource on the Detroit region and ways to live, work, and play
- Provides an outlet for you to share your favorite places and experiences throughout the region
- $500 stipend (distributed in two $250 increments upon work completion)
- Network with major employers and young professionals representing a variety of industries
- Valuable addition to your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Attend virtual onboarding session with Let’s Detroit team
- Encourage students to use Let’s Detroit as a resource, and to live, work, play and serve in the Detroit region post-graduation
- Create content for Let’s Detroit website by set deadlines:
- Create ambassador profile including career goals (see example here)
- Submit one blog about your field of study, an internship or work experience, professional development, interview with fellow ambassador, etc. (see example here)
- Submit one blog about your neighborhood or hometown in the Detroit region (see example here)
- Submit one list of your favorite things in the region (i.e. favorite restaurants, parks, music venues) (see example here)
- Share content on your social media profiles, tagging Let’s Detroit:
- Post or share Let’s Detroit content at least once a week
- Create original posts promoting each piece of content on your social media profiles
- Collaborate with Let’s Detroit staff and campus career center on one virtual event focused on career readiness, job searching, networking, etc., with a young professional guest speaker or employment ambassador (see example here)
- Submit monthly report on social media engagement and referrals (likes, shares, comments, etc.)
- Recruit one fellow student to apply for the campus ambassador program for the following semester
- Complete position evaluation
All participation and responsibilities will be completed remotely. Expected commitment: 1-2 hours/week, about 12 hours total. Phone/video interviews will take place on a rolling basis until the positions are filled through early September. Selected applicants for the fall semester will be notified by September 14, 2020 and the position will run from September 21-December 18, 2020.
View and complete the application here!
Questions? Connect with one of our campus ambassadors from Spring 2020 here or contact Katherine Brown at email@example.com.