Chris here! Tour Guide and Tour Coordinator for the non-profit Detroit Experience Factory. If you subscribe to the DXF newsletter, you may have already seen the following list of ways to impact and support Detroiters and organizations in the community, but for those that didn’t, connecting you to Detroit’s people, places and projects is an essential aspect of our nonprofit’s mission. So, without further ado, we’re glad to contribute to the Let’s Detroit’s initiative with the following list:
Open Business Directories
- GoFundMe – Detroit Directory – A directory of GoFundMe pages supporting Detroit’s people, organizations and businesses.
- Tangent Gallery – Milwaukee Junction based industrial, minimalist venue with an event room & gallery for visual & performing art exhibitions, hosting local and international events regularly.
- Metro Times – Support Detroit’s free local newspaper by donating and keeping their journalists reporting on local news.
- Marble Bar – Helping Marble Bar, one of Detroit’s incredible live music venues, reach their goal will help to provide 14 employees with their very most basic needs for one month.
- Detroit Experience Factory – Detroit Experience Factory uses immersive storytelling to educate locals and visitors about Detroit’s people, places and projects. If you’d like to support DXF this challenging time, consider buying one of our limited edition shirts, purchasing a gift card for a future experience, or donate to help our staff.
- WXYZ Detroit – GoFundMe campaigns to help raise money for employees of metro Detroit restaurants and bars.
- Eater Detroit – A guide to GoFundMe campaigns, virtual tip jars, pay-it-forward campaigns supporting the local service industry
- Detroit Small Business Stabilization Fund – TechTown Detroit’s 2020 Emergency Fund for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19. Applications for the TechTown Stabilization Fund will be open from Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 9 a.m. until Friday, April 17, 2020 at NOON.
- The Creator Fund – $50,000 fund called The Creator Fund to support creators in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program – $100M in cash grants and ad credits available to help during this challenging time.
- Kiva Loan – Kiva is a non-profit that expands access to capital for entrepreneurs around the world.
- Honeycomb Loan – Community-sourced loans for small businesses impacted by the coronavirus.
- US Small Business Administration Loans – Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources.