Let’s Detroit is a program aimed at attracting young talent to Detroit and Southeast Michigan. We connect young professionals to careers, places to live, things to do, ways to volunteer, and each other. This is done both online and offline. The online work is done through three platforms: a website (letsdetroit.com), a one-of-a-kind texting application (Text-a-Detroiter), and social media engagement. Offline, Let’s Detroit curates opportunities for authentic relationship-building through a variety of events with employers and community partners.
Let’s Detroit is seeking students to serve as Campus Ambassadors throughout the Winter semester (January through April 2020.) The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about building a career in Southeast Michigan, active in other campus groups and activities, and an active user on multiple social media platforms.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to serve as a trusted resource on the Detroit region and ways to live, work, and play
- Provides an outlet for you to share your favorite places and experiences throughout the region
- $500 stipend (distributed incrementally monthly)
- Network with major employers and young professionals representing a variety of industries
- Valuable addition to your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Attend one on-campus onboarding session with Let’s Detroit team
- Encourage students to use Let’s Detroit as a resource, and to live, work, play and serve in the Detroit region post-graduation
- Create content for Let’s Detroit website by set deadlines:
- Create ambassador profile including career goals
- Submit one blog post about your field of study, an internship or work experience, professional development, etc.
- Submit one list of your favorite things in the region (i.e. favorite restaurants, parks, music venues)
- Share content on your social media profiles:
- Post or share Let’s Detroit and related content at least three times per semester
- Create original posts promoting each piece of content on your social media profiles
- Collaborate with Let’s Detroit and campus career center on one networking event, guest speaker/employer per semester
- Recruit one fellow student to apply for the campus ambassador program for the following year
- Estimated time commitment: 2-3 hours per week on average
Fill out the form below to apply to be a Let’s Detroit Campus Ambassador. For questions, contact Katherine Brown at email@example.com.